The Boston Gay Men’s Chorus wants you!
Whether you’re interested in singing with the chorus, or joining our devoted family of volunteers, we’d love to hear from you.
Twice each year, in September and January, we audition new prospective singing members. Come out of the shower! Step away from the karaoke mic! Sing with Boston Gay Men’s Chorus! If you’re interested in auditioning, please fill out our Audition Inquiry Form. Our Auditions Coordinator will get back to you with more information.
Non-singing volunteers are members of the 5th Section. Primarily responsible to set up and provide snacks during rehearsals and provide support during events and concerts for major events. Please email your interest to email@example.com.
Items to note
- All interested singers are encouraged to audition. Prior choral singing experience and elementary music reading skill is helpful but not a prerequisite.
- Appointments are required for auditions.
- Tenors are especially encouraged to audition. Other voice parts available are: Baritone, Bass.
- The audition includes singing a familiar song, sight singing, an assessment of musical skills, and an informational interview. No prepared piece is necessary. Experienced singers are especially encouraged.
- Decisions about auditions are communicated in writing within 48 hours of the audition.
- Auditions maintain a relaxed atmosphere and new members are assigned a chorus buddy to help them learn more about the BGMC experience.
- All music is performed from memory at each concert.
- Weekly rehearsals are Wednesdays from 7-10 pm and members must commit to attending 85% of rehearsals in addition to a day-long retreat each concert cycle as well as tech/dress rehearsals. Sectionals are offered each concert cycle.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!